"A man's heart plans his journey but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Esther...a biblical gypsy.

Gypsy has become an urban term for wanderer, without a home, free as the wind...and for our family, it has become the term we use to describe our desire to go where the Lord leads.  Available, ready and even unprepared as we are most times....moving forward in faith.
Modern day gypsies.
Gabrielle and I decided we would join forces and share our lessons (the good and the bad), scripture studies, logistics in family, purity, domestic skills (the ones we know and the ones we are STILL trying to figure out), anything and everything, a little of this and a little of that...true to gypsy style.
Knowing and remembering that we are nothing without God, the saving work of Jesus on the cross and His Spirit dwelling in us, all we do and everything we share is by God's grace alone.  He gets all the glory.
And because we are so absolutely thankful for the men and women who have encouraged, inspired and challenged us in our walk...we would LOVE your participation.  We will be asking for you fabulous bloggers (some that have yet to succumb to the blogging realm...others have taken a MUCH too long break) to guest write and share your wisdom here.  If you have something you would be willing to add, please contact one of us at 
mylifeinthecircus@gmail.com

And with that, I would love to share from Gabrielle's blog thelifeofateenageunschooler.blogspot.com


Esther

 Have you ever wanted to be somebody you're not?  I have.  When I was six I wanted to be a horse....  I know that sounds crazy, but that is what I wanted to be!   I would stare out the window of our car and dream of running through fields like the horses.  Carefree and with abandon.
More recently, I have wanted to be Esther, I mean who wouldn't want to be Esther?  Her story is amazing,  I love how she was so strong in her faith.  She was solid.  Unwavering.   She would do anything for God no matter how difficult it seemed.  Even risking her life.  
Forced to leave her home, she embraced the journey God was leading her in. She did not pout, she did not retreat.
After many years of striving to be someone I was not, I realized that God didn't want me to be...had not created me to be the Esther of the bible.  
Still trying to process that one ;P....  
God has created each of us for our own "such a time as this".
Now that I can see that God has a different purpose for my life, I have decided to be a modern day Esther.  A girl who will help and encourage others through scripture, a girl who will praise and tell the world about her God without being ashamed.  A girl who will give glory to God through EVERYTHING and with everything.  A girl who will stand firm in her faith no matter how much the earthly consequences may hurt or how lonely the path may be. A girl that will change the world for good, and a girl who will do anything for God even unto death.  Go anywhere...available, and ready for battle because I know who my protector is.  I know EXACTLY who is directing my steps.
 I want to be an Esther of my day.  
Willing to give up comfort and my home.
A warrior God can use and send anywhere.  

I do not know what God has in store for me, but you better believe that I am going to trust Him NO MATTER WHAT.  I will hold on tight to my Savior and enjoy the ride serving Him.  "Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever!"
We were all made for a different purpose...different purposes leading to one same goal.  To be used by God and our lives sold out in abandon for Christ and His calling for each of us.  Not trying to be someone that we are not.  
Abandon our will to be who we think we should be, or have what we think we should have.  I love Charles Spurgeon's quote:

“When your will is God's will, you will have your will.”

Not comparing ourselves but rather seeking the Lord in His Word and HIS will for our lives.
Becoming Esthers...or Davids of today!!

 He is our guide and will always be there to point out the way, even WHEN we wander in the opposite direction, He will be there to help us get back on the right trail. 
"I am the good shepherd.  I know my sheep as the Father knows me.  My sheep know me as I know the Father.  So I give my life for my sheep.  I also have other sheep that are not from this fold.  I must lead them.  They too, will respond to my voice so they will be one flock with one shepherd."  
John 10:14-16 
Our lives should look different.  Scripture tells us that we will suffer.
We are Pilgrims, Strangers...Gypsies.
"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from the carnal desires which war against your soul."  1 Peter 2:11
 I encourage you to be a modern day Esther with me...with us,  (Boys you can be a modern day David), and make our world a place where God is at the center of everything.  It may not be easy, then again that is not our promise, but if you confide in our Creator, He will always be there to sustain you and give you hope and a future. 
" For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant."  Hebrews 9:15 
We have been made "FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS!" Esther 4:14

God bless you as we journey together!!
Gypsies for Jesus!!

With love,

Rossie and Gabrielle

2 comments:

  1. That is great! I am excited to see what you all have to share. I will have to get my daughter reading this blog with me. Great writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading this with my girls. Glad that you are blogging again Rossie, I love reading your posts and Gabrielle, I love your heart for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete